Breaking News

Roger Federer reveals where he will play until the end of the season

At the end of his match against Juan Martin del PotroRoger Federer revealed where he will play until the end of the season. Now that Djokovic and Murray won't play Beijing and Wawrinka and Nishikori absent in Tokyo, there could have been a chance to see the Swiss in one of these two events.
But it won't happen. 'My schedule is similar towards the end of the season. Good thing is that I need a rest. I have a rest now, so that's good. That's actually the thing when I walked off the court, I was, like, Finally, I can rest.
Because I'm tired. I put a lot into it. I was not sure I could play, to be honest, so I'm happy I get a rest now. Now I have Laver Cup, Shanghai, Basel, Paris, and London. That's my schedule, and it won't change.
I hope I'm fully recovered and 100% fit when Laver Cup comes around. When that's over, I hope I'm going to arrive really early in Shanghai to really get ready and make it a priority for me to win that tournament.
So that's the schedule there.' He hopes not to withdraw because of injuries like it happened last month. 'Sure, I regret that I didn't get the opportunity to fight for world No. 1 in Cincinnati, now again, but that's maybe also part of the process, and I'll be fine even without No.
1. Like you said, I have had a great year thus far. I have big priorities for the rest of the year, and I usually play very well towards the end. Now I just really need to recover and go back to the practice courts and hopefully just finish strong.

No comments